The details of the 2021 She Rocks Awards, which will be held virtually, have been announced by The Women’s International Music Network (the WiMN), and The Go-Go's, Cherrie Currie, Cindy Blackman Santana, Amy Lee, and more will be honored at the event, sponsored by Positive Grid.
The Go-Go's are a legendary all-female Los Angeles Rock band, Cherie Currie is the iconic lead vocalist of The Runaways, as well as a musician and actress. Cindy Blackman Santana is a celebrated Jazz and Rock drummer, and Amy Lee is the frontwoman of Evanescence. Comedian Margaret Cho will also be honored at the event. The awards hosted by Lzzy Hale of Halestorm, and the Pre-Show will be hosted by Lyndsey Parker (Yahoo Entertainment/SiriusXM).
The ceremony itself will be taking place at 6:30 pm PT on Friday, January 22, 2021. This will include live virtual music performances, awards and speeches, celebrity appearances, a silent auction, and much more, all available online. A VIP gift box and afterparty are available for the ultimate She Rocks experience.
This year’s virtual event is open to the public, and VIP tickets can be purchased at sherocksawards.com.
The Full 2021 She Rocks Awards recipients include:
- The Go-Go’s - the first all-female band to top the Billboard charts that both wrote their own songs and played their own instruments
- Cherie Currie - founding member of the pioneering all-female rock band The Runaways
- Cindy Blackman Santana - respected jazz and rock drummer with Santana and Lenny Kravitz among many others
- Amy Lee - co-founder and lead vocalist for the rock band Evanescence
- Margaret Cho - Emmy and Grammy-nominated stand-up comedian, actress, fashion designer, author, and singer-songwriter
- Starr Parodi - composer, pianist, conductor, arranger, music director and president of The Alliance For Women Film Composers
- Ann Mincieli - GRAMMY-winning recording engineer, studio coordinator for Alicia Keys and co-founder of NYC-destination studio Jungle City
- Sharon Hennessey - co-president and co-owner of The Music People
- Gwen Riley - Senior VP of Music for Peloton Interactive
This year’s opening performers will be Lexington, Kentucky, Rock and Soul band Magnolia Boulevard, sponsored by PRS Guitars, and featuring lead vocalist Maggie Noelle, guitarist Gregg Erwin, drummer Todd Copeland, keyboardist Ryan Allen, and bassist John Roberts.
She Rocks Awards founder Laura B. Whitmore comments:
“The She Rocks Awards was created to bring us together and lift us all up with an evening of positive community and shared experience. This year is no different! I am so thrilled to honor these amazing role models and share their inspiring stories.”
She Rocks Awards pays tribute to women who display leadership and stand out within the music industry, and has become a standard at the NAMM Show. Previous award recipients include Melissa Etheridge, Pat Benatar, Gloria Gaynor, The B-52s, Suzi Quatro, Colbie Caillat, Sheila E, Chaka Khan, Ronnie Spector, Orianthi, Lisa Loeb, The Bangles, and many more, plus a collection of role models from all walks of the music and audio industries.
The 2021 She Rocks Awards is sponsored by Positive Grid, Sweetwater, Roland, PRS Guitars, PreSonus, NAMM, Fishman, Marshall, D’Addario, Reverb, The Music People, Cuccio, MAC Cosmetics, Clif, WRiiG, Berklee School of Music, Parade, Future Publishing, Guitar World, Musicradar and Guitar Girl Magazine.
Learn more about the She Rocks Awards and where to tune in the evening of the Awards at sherocksawards.com.